Are you a virtuous woman?

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Are you Virtuous?


A wonderful man once asked me the question, "Do you consider yourself virtuous?" Not what were my measurements, or what was my favorite restaurant, but did I consider myself virtuous. Honestly, at the time I had no idea what virtue was, so I lied and said yes. I don't think he believed me cause he abruptly changed the subject. But looking back, the answer was a definite NO! And for so many reasons. To begin with, I had no idea what true virtue meant. In those days, (before getting saved), I had heard people mention the phrase"virtuous woman," but I had no idea and to what depth that meant. And honestly, I was the least bit concerned. All I cared about was that I looked nice, that I had the best clothes, partied hard with my friends, and worked hard. So after pondering a great deal, I decided to do some extensive research. Of course, I checked Webster.com, and the term virtuous is defined as, "morally excellent." So I started thinking, okay well maybe I am virtuous cause I do consider myself excellent. I think every human does right? Well, Webster's definition really didn't "tickle my fancy," as the old folks say, so I decided to search the best book there is. Yes, the "good book" aka, the Bible! And it was here (like everything else we find in the Bible) that I got the best answer!
Who Can Find A Virtuous Woman? For Her Price is Far Beyond Rubies!
(Proverbs 31:10)
Some characteristics of virtue include: love, strength, beauty, wisdom, and kindness, God's way. There is a difference... So again, I pose the question, "Do you consider yourself virtuous?" I pray that the answer is yes, and if you're not sure lets all explore how to achieve God's virtue. Learn, Love, and Own your virtue. Welcome to LOV, and stay tuned to refreshing, uplifting blogs!
P.S. The wonderful man that asked me the famous question, is now my husband!!!! (Cheesing)

3 comments:

  1. I know this is the beginning of an awesome ministry. This is very exciting! You have my support 100%!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, God inspired and a great idea for ministering to women with your own testimony and desire to be found virtuous! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom, sisters and I are actually about to begin a study on the Proverbs 31 woman. I look forward to future blog posts!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to Love, Learn, and Own your Virtue.