Are you a virtuous woman?

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

...

“For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward,” (2 Cor 1:12).

I returned Monday from a four-day getaway vacation with my husband. It was a much needed trip for our marriage and us spiritually. From this trip, I reflected on this complicated life that I’ve created; while God at all times has remained simple. Lately, I’ve been so caught up in decorating the new house, my job, re-designing this blog, dealing with family issues, my marriage, finances, church, my boys, friendships, my appearance, our cars, blah, blah, blah.  And yet, I struggle to fit God in there somewhere.

As I took the time to take in the mountains, the roads, the swaying of trees, the people, the rain, the sun beating in the face, my husband who I see as my hero, but is really on a human being, I thanked God for all that He has allowed to experience. And then I asked Him to forgive me for not appreciating it all. Not to mention, my lack of patience is an embarrassment.

In talking with God this weekend, I have made a commitment to slow down this life of mine as much as I can. I am committed to learning patience with others and with myself. I want to be that Christian woman who honors everyday as my last, and takes whatever good or bad that comes with it. I want to acknowledge the things of the God, the ones that I consider “big” or “small.”  And more importantly, I want to complete every task that is of Him with genuine love and sincerity.

I want His simple life.

 This is not your typical post tonight. No title, no format;  just me writing down my thoughts.

KPA

1 comment:

Remember to Love, Learn, and Own your Virtue.