Are you a virtuous woman?

Monday, August 23, 2010

A Virtuous Woman Surrounds Herself With Other Ladies of Virtue



Friends...how many of us have them that are virtuous? Just like it is important for us to surround ourselves of GODLY things, it is just as important for us to surround ourselves with other virtuous women.

Can you relate to this scripture, "She opened her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness?" (Proverbs 31:26). Now some of you are patting yourselves on the back thinking, well this definitely describes me. But my question tonight is what woman or women in your life, does this describe? And are these women some of your closest girlfriends? Instantly, I thought about my mother. This verse describes her to a T. (Please note, you will often hear me speak of my mother in these blogs. She is my HERO)! Yet, I also thought of a group of ladies who are dear to me, whom I am glad to call my virtuous friends, (see the picture above).

In high school, I was one of those young ladies who had better relationships with men, than I did with women. To me, women brought chaos, and intead of words of widsom, they often brought words of wickedness. So of course, as we've all learned, the older you get, the more you change, and the more friends you lose. Therefore for years, I could count the number of female friends that I had on one hand. Sadly, it did not affect me one bit. Now, I know some of you are thinking, why is that sad, "I am going through the same thing right now." But truthfully it can become harmful to our Christan growth. Instead of mentally pushing these relationships to the side, we should find ways to renovate them or depart from them in a virtuous manner.

Now, there is a difference between surrounding yourself with your home girls vs surrounding yourself with virtuous women. I can't tell you what your "home girls" are like, but I can assure you that your virtuous friends will be women who love and honor GOD as much as you do. They will read and understand GOD's word. And pray for you during the best times of your life, and the most difficult. Your virtuous girlfriends will invite you to church, or attend church with you. They will always keep it real, but respect you at all times. They will understand the challenges you face everyday as wives, mothers, and career women, and will encourage you to keep pushing. They will even let you borrow their favorite clutches or clothes! More importantly, they will not discuss YOU or your business behind your back!
Virtuous women will respect your relationships with your husbands, and significant others, and courage you to love them more. They will care for your children as if they were their own, and spoil them with love and the best outfits. Finally, if you've got virtuous girlfriends like mine, they will treat you to a spa day, and make you feel special, even on your cloudiest day. I am grateful to GOD that he has changed my heart, and allowed me to connect with amazing women whom speak his law of kindess. Instead of pushing women away, I am appreciating their virtue. They are virtuous because they are faithful to GOD. And as a result, they are faithful to their friends. Are your friends virtuous?
As with all human beings, no one is perfect. Your virtuous friends will make mistakes too. But they will remain stable in your life because they have chosen to place GOD ahead of everything else. Remember to surround yourself with GODLY women, whom share their wisdom and promote GOD's greatness. You may just learn something. To all of my friends, thank you for being women of virtue!

I am a strong virtuous woman, who understands GOD'S love, with a family who honors me, and virtuous friends who love GOD!

Learn, Love, and Own your Virtue!
Until Next time,
KPA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to Love, Learn, and Own your Virtue.