Are you a virtuous woman?

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Submit!

So it has been brought to my attention that some women have a misconception about the virtuous married woman; If you are virtuous and married, then you are the property of your husbands because you have vowed to submit and obey to him. Apparently, the terms virtuous and submission tend to mean that women are more like the "property" of their husband's versus their jewels. And this has in turn, turned women away from desiring to achieve being virtuous. HmmmHmm I thought; very interesting. Of course I ran to my bible to seek a verse where GOD has made a woman the property of her husband. Maybe I had been missing something all along. Let see, I found, " Her children rise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her, " (Pro31:28), "A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband," (Pro12:4), "Wives submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting to the Lord," (Co3:18), "Husbands, love your wives and be not bitter to them,"( Co3:19). I could go on and on with GOD's awesome word about the roles of husband and wife but I think you see where I'm going with this. Throughout several scriptures, GOD describes just how important a wife is to her husband. His message is through love and sincerity.

Without question, the bible clearly states for women to submit to their husbands, and it also details the husband's role to his wife, "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it," (Eph5:25). Because GOD has placed men at the head of their households he holds them fully responsible for their families.

I will say that before marriage, I too, was on the side of never submitting myself to a man. The word submit just seemed like it had a "forceful" connotation. I thought it meant that I was going to be giving all of me away to another human being. Never, did I once consider how much I would be gaining. I also believe that because we live in a society where there is a constant reminder of "the battle of the sexes," the term recieves negative engery.

Now as a wife, I say with confidence that I submit myself to my husband. I respect that he is the leader of my household, and feel it my GOD given duty to support him and our family in anyway I possibly can. I think that if you are a woman who is seeking marriage, but doesn't quiet understand the meaning of a woman submitting to her husband, search the bible for further understanding, and seek guidance from your pastor. It is impossible to have a successful GODLY marriage, without the proper roles understood between a husband and wife.

A man who understands that his role is as leader and not dictator, is a spiritual leader. A wife who submits to her husband willingly and lovingly, is a virtuous wife. The two together make a GODLY couple. Submission when done right, is a beautiful thing. Trust it. It's GOD's word.

I am a strong virtuous Fashionista, who lovingly submits to my spouse, who understands GOD's love, with a family who honors me, virtuous friends who love me, and with a giving spirit.

KPA

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Krystal for this blog post! At 23, I feel the same way you described in this post about the word "submission" & not submitting, etc.but your post made it more clear to me of the purpose of the word.
    I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete

Remember to Love, Learn, and Own your Virtue.