Are you a virtuous woman?

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

No Surprises Here

Sometimes when my kids want to run around and be loud, I send them to play in the basement. If I'm cooking or busy, I'll check on them frequently to make sure they're not tearing up the place too much. On one such occasion I noticed I wasn't hearing as much noise as I usually do, so I went to investigate. As I made my way down the stairs, my heart sank and I groaned inwardly. Swipes from a green marker were on each step and, as I continued my descent, basically everywhere my eyes landed. Doors, walls, carpet, toys, furniture, nothing seemed to be exempt. I was shocked to discover that the culprit wasn't my rambunctious and fun-loving daughter, but my mellow and mild-mannered son. There he stood, green marker in hand and an expression of glee on his face. Trust, that expression didn't last much longer. As I started cleaning up the mess (fortunately the marker was dry-erase!) I kept thinking, "What got into that little boy?".

Aren't you glad that nothing we do takes God by surprise? Psalm 103:8-14 says, "The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. 9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever. 10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities. 11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him. 12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. 13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him. 14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.". What a comforting and beautiful passage of scripture! God is slow to anger, doesn't reward us according to our sins, and remembers that we're dust. How amazing is that!? Take some time and read Psalm 103 in its entirety. It beautifully illustrates God's goodness to us.

The next time you don't feel worthy to approach God's throne because you're struggling with that same sin, remember these verses. God never tires of our sincere pleas for forgiveness and knows we're flawed. Go to Him, get things right, and praise Him for being a God awesome beyond human comprehension.

In Christ,

Christina Gibbs

Once raised by a Virtuous single mother, I am now a SAVED and strong Virtuous, Fashionista, that has been freed from a broken heart with God’s love, who accepts when God says ‘No”, who cherishes my best friend, who fears the Lord, who’s best friend is the Lord, that waits on discernment from God, who is living for today, who is a woman of strength, that understands the power of my words, that is aware of God’s presence, is allowing my light to shine, whose growing to be more passionate about serving the Lord, who can listen without pride to constructive criticism, whose fear does not hold me back, who runs to the Lord first about everything, who strives to stay on God’s course, who is saved by the grace of God, who admits to being envious of others at times, who knows my worth, has a calming peace, who gives thanks daily, who wants to be a godly example to others, who is able to forgive my enemies, who has high expectations of me, who has been created in God’s own image, who lovingly submits to my spouse, who understands God's love, has an intimate relationship with God, supports Breast Cancer Awareness, with a family who honors me, Virtuous friends who love me, and with a giving spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to Love, Learn, and Own your Virtue.