Are you a virtuous woman?

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Christ's Beauty

On Mother's Day all mothers in my church usually receive a carnation in recognition of that fact. However, this year we received a devotional booklet entitled "Reflecting the Beauty of the Lord". For this installment of LOV I thought I'd share some thoughts from the two devotions I've completed so far.

Our society places a premium on physical beauty, yet inner beauty is what's more important. Outer beauty fades, and I'm sure most of us know or have known someone who's beautiful to look at but an annoyance to be around due to an ugly personality. How do we cultivate inner beauty? By looking at the beauty of Christ on the cross. To the human eye, the cross isn't beautiful. When Jesus hung there his body was so broken and bruised as to look inhuman. The sin of all humanity was placed on Him and it was such an ugly sight that the Father had to turn His back on Him. Yet this ultimate sacrifice gave us the chance to accept Him and with that acceptance comes the Holy Spirit. The help of the Holy Spirit enables us to live a life of beautiful holiness if we submit to Him. We'll never be perfect, but by God's grace we have the means to strengthen our inner man and portray God's beauty to those around us.

2 Cor. 4:6 says, "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness , hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ". Let the beauty of Christ shine through you this week.

In Christ,

Christina Gibbs,

Once raised by a Virtuous single mother, I am now a SAVED and strong Virtuous, Fashionista, that has been freed from a broken heart with God’s love, who accepts when God says ‘No”, who cherishes my best friend, who fears the Lord, who’s best friend is the Lord, that waits on discernment from God, who is living for today, who is a woman of strength, that understands the power of my words, that is aware of God’s presence, is allowing my light to shine, whose growing to be more passionate about serving the Lord, who can listen without pride to constructive criticism, whose fear does not hold me back, who runs to the Lord first about everything, who strives to stay on God’s course, who is saved by the grace of God, who admits to being envious of others at times, who knows my worth, has a calming peace, who gives thanks daily, who wants to be a godly example to others, who is able to forgive my enemies, who has high expectations of me, who has been created in God’s own image, who lovingly submits to my spouse, who understands God's love, has an intimate relationship with God, supports Breast Cancer Awareness, with a family who honors me, Virtuous friends who love me, and with a giving spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember to Love, Learn, and Own your Virtue.